American Academy English Uses the Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) Curriculum
American Academy offers an excellent Christian online education for homeschoolers.Here is a partial Scope & Sequence of the English curriculum:English 1 (Grade 1) (PACEs 1001-1012) The student:
• Reviews consonant and vowel sounds.
• Is introduced to reading and writing of word families and sentences.
• Studies blends, diphthongs, ending sounds, and suffixes.
• Develops reading comprehension skills.
• Copies sentences using proper capitalization and punctuation.
English 2 (Grade 2) (PACEs 1013-1024) The student:
• Reviews phonics—identifies vowels, consonants, blends, diphthongs, and suffixes.
• Learns punctuation—telling and asking sentences, capitalization, quotation marks, and apostrophes.
• Learns suffixes—s, -ed, -ing, and -er. n Is introduced to compound words.
• Studies confusing words—no/any, can/may, is/are, does/do, to/too/two.
• Discovers parts of speech—nouns, prepositions, verbs, and adverb concepts.
• Is introduced to word order and concepts—sequences, same/opposite, homonyms, rhyming words,
To see the complete course description, visit the website, http://www.nationalhomeschool.com/