American Academy Social Studies Uses the Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) Accredited Curriculum.
Social Studies 1 (Grade 1) (PACEs 1001-1012) The student:
- Learns about Ace and Christi.
• Builds reading skills.
• Begins globe and map study and reads about Pilgrims and the United States.
• Develops respect for the law, obedience to rules and laws, and good study habits.
• Learns to care for things, that hard work is a virtue, how to share with others, and ownership.Social Studies 2 (Grade 2) (PACEs 1013-1024) The student:
• Learns about travel—maps, signs, the compass, camping, and directions.
• Expands his understanding of our country—freedom, the Capital, our President, citizenship, flags and
pledges, famous buildings, Washington, D.C., George Washington, and rules and laws.
• Learns about communities, farms and ranches, fruits and orchards. n Builds reading comprehension and
learns new vocabulary in every PACE.
Social Studies 3 (Grade 3) (PACEs 1025-1036) The student:
• Is introduced to different forms of communication—telephone, telegram, languages, sign language,
Braille, microphones, audio recording, the printing press, and prayer.
• Learns about conservation of water and land use and the natural resources water and gas.
• Discovers geography—continents on the map and globe, Spain, and Israel.
• Distinguishes between different types of communities, businesses, and agriculture—farms and products. • Expands knowledge of American history—Christopher Columbus, colonization, slavery, George
Washington Carver, and our government.
To see the complete curriculum, visit www.nationalhomeschool.com