Academy of Botanical Art Courses in Drawing, Watercolor, Pen & Ink, Plant Morphology Scientific Illustration, and the Business of Art ———————– Olivia Marie Art Designs 2068 Sunnyside Lane Sarasota, FL, 34239 941-953-9999 http://www.omartdesigns.com/ Ideal minimum age: 12 years old By Michael Leppert Ms. Olivia Marie Braida-Chiusano (artist pen name OM Braida) is an art instructor and art curriculum developer, botanical illustrator, and professional artist with works in four museums and both private and public spaces throughout the United States, Europe, and the Caribbean. She has over 20 years’ experience teaching students in person and also through her at-home study courses. Her Academy of Botanical Art provides a full-service distance-learning art school, with complete guidance and tutoring. The author of “Ten Steps – A Course in Botanical Art & Illustration – Volumes 1-12” is a step-by-step art and science program that leads your child through process to completion. It’s easy to follow format can be used as a basic art program, as well, with inter-changeable art tasks. The field of botanical art and illustration offers a wide variety of career opportunities and the artistic knowledge gained from studying with Olivia’s course develops talents other than scientific illustration. For instance, just a few of the skills your child will achieve using the program include:
- Observation Skills. Academy students “draw what they see so others can see clearly!”
- Learning to draw and paint from a technical and classical standpoint
- Preparation for any number of artistic careers beside illustration, including botany, ornithology, entomology, landscape
- Development of creativity and artistic vision.
- Portfolio Preparation along professional and ethical guidelines
- Guidance for Portfolio presentation for college application/acceptance even if your child applies to a non-art program!
- Development of self-confidence and self-discipline